Friday, November 5, 2010

A Deserted Island or Following The Amish Way of Life

This thought came across my mind today. I sometimes wonder if life would be less stressful if we didn't have all this technology. You'd actually have to have clear communication with a person, no confusion on the other person's tone or what they are really trying to say.

I have always loved the Swiss Family Robinson house and often ask Dean if he would buy me an island and build me that house. He generally laughs at me, but wouldn't it be great! A daily oasis, ability to live off the land, no noisy neighbors, and choosing who to have be a part of your life.

As for the Amish way of life, it has always interested me.

Of course I am not able to run away into a fake life just yet, but today I sure wanted to. I had to step away from an adventure that was presented to us late last spring. It could have been amazing, but it just wasn't the right thing for me. Right now in life I have other challenges and responsiblities and couldn't focus or contribute the needed time or money. Anytime I did contribute I felt it wasn't up to par and I don't have time to keep repeating what I felt was sufficient. I don't have time to respond to multiple emails, but I didn't like not being included either. It was being more stress in my life and I didn't like how it was making me feel. It was just not the right time in life for it. I hurt someone in the process by not properly expressing myself and don't like that, I hurt myself too by not being honest a few months back. I am sorry for that.

Reality is that I have been blessed with a beautiful house next to wonderful neighbors, even the one with a noisy dog. I have 3 amazing children who make me smile daily, even on the days I feel like hiding and not speaking to anyone. Even with diabetes, anxiety, aspergers and dyslexia we have it easy. We have family who loves and supports us no matter what crazy mistakes we have made. Friends - true friends who would be here at 2am if need be and that love & support us. My biggest blessing in life is my hubby! Sure he has caused me a fair amount of stress but you have no idea what he does for us.

Lesson learned for today (reminded of)
No one is an island, No one stand alone
Each ones joy is joy for me, each one's place is my own.
We need one another; so, I will defend
Each one as my kindred, each one as my friend.

1 comment:

For Crying Out Loud said...

Again, I'm proud of you. You are seeing and doing what's best for your family and there's no arguing with that. Only you and Dean can know what's best by listening to God, and no one else can say differently. We're backing you in whatever adventures you take!